[plug] Blank messages

hatari hatari at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 23 21:50:08 WST 2006

skribe wrote:
> Hey folks:
>
> A friend of mine is having problems reading some of my emails.  He uses both
> Outlook and Outlook Express (on different machines).  I use kmail.  He can
> read with Express but not with Outlook.  Outlook shows my messages to be
> blank.  Is there a setting either of us can use to remedy the problem?
> Unfortunately he has to use Outlook at work.
>
> skribe

Not disregarding all previous excellent comments, here is another option
to check out.  It may be that he HAS MS-Word (or some other WP) as the
email message editor (or maybe NOT).  Whichever, try changing the editor
to the other setting.  This is only a quick guess since it too has
relevance to character encoding.  It is in:
Tools....daa...d'daa...da...daaa.......Message Options or something.

For any who think this advice to be wrong I accept in advance.  It  is
only that the "editor" thing has been a problem for me in the past.

wayne