[plug] help needed - networking

meyerri meyerri at westnet.com.au
Wed Jul 26 09:47:35 WST 2006

---- Original Message ----
From: shannon.carver at gmail.com
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: RE: [plug] help needed - networking
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:54:18 +0800

>I think he's using SUSE 10.1.

Yep.

>Seems strange that it would be working fine, and then stop working
>after
>that.

Looking back on it now, I think I ran "Smart update" after getting
the system up. (Sorta like apt-get update). I can't remember whether
it worked after that or not.

 I'm not sure wether these boards have the same hardware as the
>previous NForce4Ultra, but check to make sure that buggy Hardware
>firewall
>is disabled, both in BIOS and Windows.

I'll look for that.

>Some people have told me good things about it, but I've all types of
>problems, including similar symptoms you've had (no network flow
>under
>*nix), and corrupt downloads and failed connections in Windows.
>
>If your board does have this feature, I think its called Nvidia
>Network
>management in windows, and its got some kind of similar name in the
>bios as
>well.

Thanks.

>Check to see (though I doubt it), wether or not linux has loaded some
>hardware firewall driver as well, this could be an issue, Though I'd
>doubt
>it.

I'll take a look.

Thanks for the pointers - I'll have a look at that.