[plug] No printer in Debian Etch

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Wed Jul 26 18:45:26 WST 2006

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 19:04, Innis Cunningham wrote:
> Hi All
> I am not able to get the printer to work in Debian Etch.
> For whatever reason it does not seem to be able to find the drivers
> although they are there.
> There are reports of this being a problem but none of the fixes i
> have read about seem to work.
> So if there is someone here who has their printer working under
> etch i would apreciate any help.

I don't use my printer much, so I didn't even know I had this problem until
yesterday. The fix for mine was to chmod 666 /dev/usb/lp0 - it was 660. I
know this shouldn't be necessary, but it worked!

(Sorry I can't tell you where I found the answer, but it was in some obscure
blog, and I didn't bookmark it).

Steve

> TIA
>
> Cheers
> Innis

Steve Boak, (08) 9756 0662, P.O. Box 240, Nannup, WA 6275
Nannup Telecentre IT support, ph (08) 9756 3022
Free World Dialup (voip) number 454566