[plug] Slow USb hard disk Fedora 5

Shannon Carver shannon.carver at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 08:44:55 WST 2006

Can I ask if you computer had a USB2 interface?? If not (1.7MB/s is too fast
for USB1 anyway), that'd be your problem. Butt.....

I've not tested USB storage devices, but I assume they're handled in a
similar way to Hard drives when they're mounted..

Can you make sure DMA is enabled on the device?

hdparm /dev/sdX -I should tell you what is turned on and off.  The main
thing effecting speeds should be the DMA setting though.

This may only work on HDD's or even PATA devices though, I'm not sure.