[plug] Drink it in the Congo (Friday Night Fun)

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Fri Jun 2 00:54:14 WST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 23:32 +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Gavin Chester wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 23:16 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> > > We apologise for the late announcement, but the Ubuntu-lovers of the UCC
> > > have decided to organise a bit of light Friday evening entertainment to
> > > celebrate the release of Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 LTS (it support you long
> > > time).
> >
> > I have not been watching release updates, so tell me: do the LTS
> > initials indicate that Ubuntu is now releasing with (L)inux (T)erminal
> > (S)erver integration as was much talked about last year?
>
> As Davyd's parenthetical alluded to, it stands for Long Term Support.
>
> Cameron

Yeh, okay :-) I guess I was ignoring that allusion in the hope that LTSP
had been integrated into the latest Ubuntu, as has been talked about in
other quarters.  But really, isn't Ubuntu and long-term support a bit of
an oxymoron since it is comparatively young as a distro and has such
rapid release cycles ;-)

Anyway, I hope that the new Ubuntu is enjoyed by many!  Vive FOSS!

Gavin.