[plug] Drink it in the Congo (Friday Night Fun)

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Fri Jun 2 10:10:52 WST 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 05:14 +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> On 02/06/06, Gavin Chester <sales at ecosolutions.com.au> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 23:32 +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> > > Gavin Chester wrote:

-snip-

> === Thin clients ===
>
>   * The alternate CD includes an option to automatically install an LTSP
> server environment for quick and painless deployment of thin client
> networks.
>   * Xfce and a selection of lightweight applications are provided, to
> minimize network overhead and maximize the number of thin clients which
> can be served by a single server

Well now, that IS interesting.  Having my two favourite projects in the
_world_ incorporated to make up Xubuntu actually makes it sound worth
looking at ;-)  I can't confess to being a fan of key aspects of the
stock Ubuntu otherwise.  Ubuntu is has a great philosophy (human and
software-wise) - shame about the colour, if you know what I mean ;-)

Gavin.