[plug] Failed Drapper upgrade

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Jun 6 23:01:00 WST 2006

Hello,

I just tried to upgrade Kubuntu Breezy to Drapper on my Durabook 14k.

Now trying to start KDE will start to grey pattern sort of pages then
crash x.org

I get various /lib/modules/2.6x/drivers/input (I think) errors
then x.org6 says it couldn't initalize core devices like

kbd and mouse

There's heaps of "No symbols found" errors. It will take ages to write
them out but I guess I could take a photo.

The bottom couple of cm's of the screen goes past the viewable area now
for some reason so using bash is a near nightmare.

I managed to backup the contents of my home directory. This PC uses grub
to dual boot between Kubuntu and XP Pro.

Is there a way I can fix this or is a reinstall in order?

regards,

Chris