[plug] Ubuntu vs Kubuntu

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Jun 7 14:43:26 WST 2006

G'day all,

No flamewars please..

Everything I've read indicates that Kubuntu is still not at the level of integration that Ubuntu is
with regard to applications and general seamlessness..

I tried to install Kubuntu on this machine but it kept locking up during the install (X problem I
think). I might be persuaded to try it again if it offers anything over and above standard Ubuntu
(which I'm getting used to slowly).

I'm using Ubuntu 6.06 at the moment and I'm reasonably happy with it, but everyone I've really
spoken to seems to prefer kde. My experience with kde stops with Knoppix (which seems to work quite
well) but everything I've read on the web indicates that Kubuntu is not quite there yet..

Brad