dual-boot mac-OS, was Re: [plug] burning Mac-OS CD

Michael Holland myk at myk.id.au
Fri Jun 9 11:24:02 WST 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Quintin Lette wrote:

> last time I was looking to burn MacOS cds I found that Apple use a
> proprietory format that is only available on MacOS :( the extension is
> usually .dmg and you generally need a mac to burn it.

You shouldn't need to understand the format in order to just burn the
image to disk. e.g. for a floppy I can just "cat floppy.img > /dev/fd0".
OK, I gave up and tried it on win32. The "Power-DVD" bundled with the
wife's laptop burnt the image to CD as simply as could be.

Now to have a play with OS-X. It doesn't offer partitioning on install.
Will I be able to resize the partitions later, when installing Linux
power-PC ? (pref. Ubuntu)    I could just add a 2nd disk.