[plug] wanted: 56k modem

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 13 10:08:43 WST 2006

Gavin Chester <sales at ecosolutions.com.au> writes:
>On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 08:02 +0800, Kai Jones wrote:

>> Can't find anyone selling external serial or USB modems ?
>> http://www.trinix.com.au/catalogue/details.jsp?productID=10787&type=
>> or
>> http://www.trinix.com.au/catalogue/details.jsp?productID=10786&type=

>> Not saying you have to buy from Trinix but that's one retailer, there
>> are prolly more.

>Thanks, obviously my quick search of my usual suspects was not
>casting the net wide enough :-0.  Surprised they're still asking
>that sort of pre-widespread-DSL price though! :-/

They are more likely to become more expensive as time goes by,
having reached about rock-bottom a year or two ago.

Prices are dominated by the cost of the enclosure and the need to
provide Austel-certified interfaces for both phone line and power.

An infernal modem saves a bit on the casing and power supply.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
 X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.