[plug] wanted: 56k modem

Kai Jones Kaij at kamsc.org.au
Wed Jun 14 11:58:41 WST 2006

Go for your life, if you want to make a small loop as close as possible
to your modem and another as close as possible to your wall socket that
will also help...having a loop in the middle will have very little
effect since either side of the loop your phone line acts as an antenna
for RFI and negate the purpose of the loop (filter). If you want, maybe
try an ADSL filter on that line, even if you don't have ADSL there are
usually two small wound toroids in that plastic box which might help.

Michael, in regard to your comments about PC's not handling the load,
from my understanding it's not about load but that external modems are
built for one purpose and internal's don't have the same in-built
dedicated functionality therefor don't usually perform as well.

I'm happy to be corrected if anyone has more accurate info.