[plug] Mobile phone scam - Beware

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jun 14 22:17:48 WST 2006

Sorry about posting to the main list but this message should go to as
many people as possible :

I don't know if this is true or not, but just in case it is.

Begin message :
------------------------

Hi

It has come to our attention that today and maybe in the past week or so
that a lot of Mobiles are getting missed calls from an (02) or (03)
number.

If you get a missed call from any of the numbers listed below please do
not return this call, it is a mobile phone scam in that you return the
call and they start charging at premium rates and the cost of this call
can be as high as $100.

If you have a Mobile and don't have e-mail access can you please make
sure they are made aware of this.

The numbers we are aware of are:

(02) 8219 0500
(02) 8303 8320