[plug] Printer-Scanner-Copier

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 16 08:49:24 WST 2006

Had a dell 720.  Printed well, but had to order cartridges via the web
(at a high cost and time delay)

Got them filled about 5 times at the local ink fillers then it died.
Note that they changed the ink cartridge castings to prevent the use of
the matching lexmark printers cartridges.  The lexmark drivers do work
under linux (with work). It went to the tip a few weeks ago.

I now have a $60 Epson C45 which is better in both print q and drivers
(i.e., run out of paper during a print job on the dell meant starting
from the beginning again in many cases).  ink is easy to get when we go
shopping - the stalls in the shopping centres stock both OEM and third
party carts at reasonable cost.

>From the above you might gather that even when we got the Dell printer
'free' with a new laptop, I didnt regard it as a bargain!

BillK