[plug] Oxymoron: Microsoft, innovation

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Sun Jun 18 19:47:13 WST 2006

Russell Steicke wrote:
> On 6/18/06, Bernd Felsche <bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
>> "Mark J Gaynor" <mark at mjg.id.au> writes:
>> >Why does OOo not import basic CSV data?
>> Because you've not written that merge function yet. :-)
>

> Well said.  The opportunity to contribute instead of complaining is
> there, as always: search for csv in
> http://development.openoffice.org/todo.html

I think this comment says it all.

Most people "use" computers as a tool. We supply the bits of those tools so that they can
do a job.

If we give them a spreadsheet tool, we don't tell them that they then have programme their
own solutions, or work out how to do it. If the tool doesn't work the first time it will
be discarded and replaced with one that does work.

This is called reality.

Alex Polglaze