[plug] Samba desktop.ini

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 21:29:29 WST 2006

On 6/18/06, Daniel Pearson <daniel at flashware.net> wrote:

> Still no luck!

Hmmm... What windows version, not that that should make a difference....

I just found something interesting, there appears to be some settings
in my config file, that testparm's doesn't show. e.g. "hide dot files"
doesn't seem to be getting read for some reason... Odd.

Anyway, I think it's time to start comparing parts of our configs.

$ testparm -sv|grep hide
        hide dot files = Yes
        hide special files = No
        hide unreadable = No
        hide unwriteable files = No
        hide files = /desktop.ini/
$ testparm -sv|grep fstype
        fstype = NTFS
$ testparm -sv|grep case
        default case = lower
        case sensitive = Auto
        preserve case = Yes
        short preserve case = Yes
$ smbd -V
Version 3.0.14a-Ubuntu

How do you compare against that? Anything else you can think of to compare?

Tim
p.s. This has been working for a long time, starting with Debian 3.0,
and what ever smb was with that.
--
Linux Counter user #273956