[plug] DVD movie

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Mon Jun 19 18:54:13 WST 2006

Gavin Chester wrote:
> I'm looking to make 'backups' of my 'home' movies on dvd and was
> wondering what gpl tools others are using to do this.  I had thought to
> use mplayer + mencoder + libdvdcss.  Is there a foolproof (that fool is
> your's truly ;-) ) way to do this - maybe even a nice gui point and
> click way?  (sorry, all you CLI warriors)

Not point'n'click here..
I use vobcopy -m to produce an identical mirror.. and if it's more than 4.8G I use DVDShrink under
wine to re-quantize the data to get it to 4.8G then it produces an ISO for me I burn with growisofs..

Works, it's foolproof and easy, just not completely point'n'click

I keep all my DVD images on hard disk anyway, I just burn them off if I want to watch them at
someone elses house..