[plug] Windows 2000 question - expanding partition

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Thu Jun 22 22:53:25 WST 2006

Richard Meyer wrote:
>> Does Win2k have a drive manager like WinXP ?
>
> Drive manager? I've never heard of such a thing. Any details before I go
> and Google 3,000 things that are not what you were talking about  ;-)
>> If so use that to increase the size of your partition after you have
>> moved other partitions out of the way.
>
> Give me a detail or two and I'll give it a serious look in the morrow,
> please.

Do yourself a favour.. download and burn the gparted boot cd (about 34M) and let it do the dirty
work for you.. you can remove/resize hda2&3 and then just expand your ntfs partition to fill the gap.
Honestly it's the dogs bollocks when doing stuff like this...

<insert usual disclaimer about making comprehensive backups here>

Brad