[plug] Windows 2000 question - expanding partition

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jun 23 02:38:52 WST 2006

On 22 Jun 2006 at 22:44, Richard Meyer wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 21:25 +0800, Arie Hol wrote:
> >
> > On 22 Jun 2006 at 21:13, Richard Meyer wrote:
> >
> > > .. and yes, maybe I should have asked it in "off-topic", but since
> > > it's not facetious, or a joke, and it'll make my machine work soo
much
> > > better with Linux as well ...
> > >
> > > My desktop PC was set up a few years ago, for Win98SE and Linux
> > Dualboot
> > > (actually about 5 different distros), but I have since upgraded to
> > Win2000
> > > (on the Windows side), and the original partition is waaaaay too
small

> > at
> > > under 3GB, and I need to allocate more space.
> > >

> > Does Win2k have a drive manager like WinXP ?
>
> Drive manager? I've never heard of such a thing. Any details before I
go
> and Google 3,000 things that are not what you were talking about  ;-) >
>
> If so use that to increase the size of your partition after you have >
> moved other partitions out of the way.
>
> Give me a detail or two and I'll give it a serious look in the morrow,

I don't know if this utility is in Win2K but in WinXP you goto :

Control panel --> Administrative Tools --> Computer Management -->
Storage --> Disk Management.

With this utility you can create and delete partitions (I have used it as
such) it also has the ability to "Extend a Basic Volume" from this I
would assume that it means "make a partition bigger".

Regards Arie