[plug] DMESG Output

Ranime ranime at westnet.com.au
Wed Jun 28 15:05:47 WST 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:03 am, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> "Craig Foster" <craig at fostware.net> writes:
> >> [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org.au] On Behalf Of Daniel Pearson
etc.......

> I'll have to go back and check the other three condemned drives to
> confirm that they are really dead. Fortunately, I haven't yet run a
> high-speed drill through the casings and platters. [Quicker but less
> satisfying than dismantling and beating the platters with a
> ball-pein hammer.]

I have a fair few hard drive platters that have been saved from dead
hard drives over the years.
They make excellent drink coasters (and deadly ninja discs to attack a
polystyrene board with a pic of B.G. on it ) at partys and
barbecues........
hard disc drink coasters can be a good topic of conversation at formal
functions.