[plug] sync passwd and smbpasswd passwords

Chris Watt something.rotten at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 21:49:13 WST 2006

Hi Guys,

What I have is a situation where each user basically has 3 separate
passwords where they need to all be identical.

They have a Windows workstation password, a unix password adn a samba password.

How is it that I can make the smbpasswd file update when the passwd
file is updated?

If they want to change their password, it will be done through Usermin
(localhost:20000).  I know this means they will still have to change
two passwords, but I'm unaware of a way to make teh windows password
pass on to the unix passwd to pass onto samba.

Thanks guys
~Chris