[plug] IPTABLES FTP rules

luca at trifelli.id.au luca at trifelli.id.au
Thu Mar 2 13:09:18 WST 2006

Hello plug readers,

I am trying to manage FTP traffic going in and out my LAN throughout my Linux
firewall and what I exactly need to achieve is to
allow internal users (LAN) to download whatever they need to from the Internet but
prevent them to upload data to any Internet
FTP server.

Let's say that the Linux firewall has 2 network cards:
- internal interface is eth0 ip address 192.168.0.1/24
- external (Internet) interface is eth1 ip address 111.111.111.111/24

Can anyone post a sample rule always if it is possible to achieve with IPTABLES, if
not, any suggestion on possible alternatives
will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks