[plug] library version conflicts

tim tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Fri Mar 3 00:17:13 WST 2006

Hi all,

As a non programmer I need some advice about installing conflicting
versions of some libraries.  The box in question has red hat enterprise
linux which will soon have a support subscription so I don't want to
change any of the red hat supplied libraries.  The problem comes where I
am compiling an app which needs later versions of two of the supplied
libraries.

I have installed them to /usr/local/<libname>/  What is the best way to
ensure that the app I am compiling uses the new version of the lib both
at compile time and run time?

Thanks,
Tim Bowden

--