[plug] Laptop advice

James Leven jleven at geoseis.com.au
Sun Mar 5 18:37:22 WST 2006

Dear Perth Linux Users

I recently asked for advice prior to puchasing a laptop.

I would like to thank those who assisted with their suggestions. I was
asked to  let the list know what I decided on, so ....

I have previously used an Excel P4 ECO 732, and have been very happy
with this, but this model is no longer available.

Yesterday I purchased a Acer Travelmate 4064WLMMi
2GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HHD, CD/DVD R/W, 3-year onsite warranty.

The Acer is certainly fast, lighter, and with a wider screen.  The
keyboard feels a little "tinny" in comparison with the ECO, but I guess
that I will get use to.  I am still using it as a Windows OS machine,
but Knoppix loaded without any issues.

However, caveat emptor.

Regards
Jim Leven