[plug] [Fwd: Leon update]

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Wed Mar 8 09:16:17 WST 2006

The latest Leon update from Lucy via Chris.

Alex

Hi Everyone,

This is the latest on Leon.

Leon has had a RAGING temperature over night and today, so was only
noticeably
conscious for short burst of a minute or so, but still was going in for the
tracheostomy when I left this afternoon.

I visited the Case Manager, the one who will work with the Lawyer to
organise
rehabilitation for Leon, so that he doesn't slip through the holes in the
system, she is such a lovely Christian woman! She was VERY encouraging, and
didn't blink at me saying that I knew he was conscious for small periods
today, and a larger time yesterday afternoonwhen he felt panicky about not
knowing where he was, and not being able to move or speak...she agreed that
OF COURSE I would know that, as I know Leon the best, the medical staff only
know a brain-injured comatose man, not LEON.

Thanks and God bless

Chris