[plug] [Fwd: Leon update]

simon simon at chrome64.org
Wed Mar 8 10:21:10 WST 2006

Hi all

Does anyone semi-medical-aware understand the implications of Leon reacting to
painful stimuli?

To me it sounds like there is a high probability that the effects of his neck
injury are only temporary - ie once the swelling reduces he will regain motor
control etc. Is this a valid assumption?

I was so happy to hear that he is *already* showing improvement. No matter the
prognosis, Im sure Leon will grab this illness by the balls and kick its ass,
as with everything he sets his mind to.

Alex Polglaze (apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au) wrote:

> The latest Leon update from Lucy via Chris.
>
> Alex
>

> Hi Everyone,
>
> This is the latest on Leon.
>
> Leon has had a RAGING temperature over night and today, so was only
> noticeably
> conscious for short burst of a minute or so, but still was going in for the
> tracheostomy when I left this afternoon.
>
> I visited the Case Manager, the one who will work with the Lawyer to
> organise
> rehabilitation for Leon, so that he doesn't slip through the holes in the
> system, she is such a lovely Christian woman! She was VERY encouraging, and
> didn't blink at me saying that I knew he was conscious for small periods
> today, and a larger time yesterday afternoonwhen he felt panicky about not
> knowing where he was, and not being able to move or speak...she agreed that
> OF COURSE I would know that, as I know Leon the best, the medical staff only
> know a brain-injured comatose man, not LEON.
>
> Thanks and God bless
>
> Chris

Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org