[plug] TV Ripping

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 18:31:09 WST 2006

Ok, your welcome to ask me to take this OT, or off the list if you want.

Basically, I'm looking for an automated way, to get a V4L device to
start recording, at a set time (no gui, must be able to run via cli in
the bg) and stop at a set time, and if at all possible, i want
something that can also detect when the ads start and stop, and ether
remove them, or just mark the timestamps, so that I can verify, then
remove ads.

This is for my person PVR I am building. Of course, this all has to be
under Linux.

Also, I am looking for HDTV Tuner card, any recommendations for one
that works well under Linux?

Thanks

Tim
--