[plug] TV Ripping

Mike Holland myk.list at westnet.com.au
Mon Mar 13 08:37:48 WST 2006

Timothy White wrote:

> p.s. Mike, I am looking into the stuff you sent me, Digital is what
> I'm after, I've only used V4L before, hence I mention V4L, can you

As I understand it, V4L is for video capture. With DVB, you just record
the MPEG stream, or selected parts, to disk. So very little CPU power
is needed.

> make those scripts available? I have a wiki you can dump things on if
> you want

Ah yes, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_White
better fix that - it says you are dead.
Or are you the twin-naveled one at bur.st?
I'll e-mail some scripts.

I use the Nova-T card, but there may be some other good options at a
lower price by now. It would work out of the box on Ubuntu, except for
copyright problems. You just need to get the firmware image.