[plug] Having trouble mounting external usb drive

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Wed Mar 15 10:09:52 WST 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 09:48:40AM +0800, Open Source.Lives wrote:
> # fdisk -l /dev/sda
>
> Did list the filesystem, but when I try to mount it using -t ntfs or vfat it
> still gave me the same error, I have tried -t usbfs, where it mounted it but
> it displayed incorrect files...

Could you please paste in the actual output from "fdisk -l /dev/sda".

When you try the mount, are you typing

  mount -t vfat /dev/sda /media/usb_disk

or

  mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /media/usb_disk

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Anyone who understands everything that comes out of fortune probably
has a problem.