[plug] HR database software

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 15 11:50:44 WST 2006

"Senectus ." <senectus at gmail.com> writes:

>I have a request for "ready to roll" product that performs the tasks
>of a HR database... (payroll not really required).

I'd be interested as to what exactly constitutes an HR database. :-)

>Preferably Win and Lin capable and Open Source as well.

>Anyone aware of something like this out there?

Rolling your own would take about 100 hours with something like
Rekall
	http://www.thekompany.com/projects/rekall/

Use a prostgres or MySQL backend and add other frontends through web
pages, through https.

If you do build your own, the keep in mind that every detail
requires its own privileges to view, update or add. And an audit
trail of access as well as changes made. The audit trail should be
done as database triggers on the objects.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
 X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.