[plug] directory usage statistics

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Fri Mar 17 17:59:33 WST 2006

Hi,

I need to examine the usage of a directory where an app writes temp
files.  They will often exist for 1 - 10 seconds or so.  Is there any
such thing as "top for ls" or a metering tool that can give usage stats
such as no. of files written/ deleted/ file sizes/ disk space used etc
for a specific directory.  I'm looking at the possibility of putting the
app's temp directory in a ram drive but I need to have a good idea of
what the usage pattern is so I can be sure to have enough ram overhead.

Thanks,
Tim Bowden
--
Mapforge Geospatial