[plug] Tool to visually compare binary files?

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Mar 19 13:02:10 WST 2006

simon wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Im trying to figure out the differences between a bootleg set of roms on one
> of my arcade PCBs and the mame set(s).
>
> Does anyone know of a good tool to show the differences between binary files?
> Something that shows the files side by side in hex values and highlights the
> differences would be cool.

I know what you want.. the only tool I have ever found that did a good job of that was the
difference viewer in Xtree Gold (maaaany moons ago)

If you happen to locate something that will do the job now, please let me know as I've been hanging
to get my hands on something like that. (And too lazy to write it)

Brad