[plug] VPN questions

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue Mar 21 23:55:20 WST 2006

Hi,

I've been offered a new job (woot! after 2 years, nearly), and it
requires that I can log in to the employer's network over a VPN client.
Their client runs under Windows only, and I can work.

Since I am totally out of my depth with communications, can anyone give
me the "Noddy's guide to VPN", and also how to get it (the VPN
connection) working under OFOS (Our Favourite Operating System) -
running Windows for anything but games is just TOOOO painful (and ugly).

Thanks
"But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not
 imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed
 at Columbus, they laughed at Edison, they laughed at the
 Wright brothers but they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
            -- Carl Sagan

Linux Counter user #306629