[plug] Customised Asterisk server.

Joel at Plug jjohnson at westnet.com.au
Wed Mar 22 16:33:53 WST 2006

Hi folks, looking for someone who is good with Asterisk and can
customise it for us.

A little background. My work is currently thinking of developing a
system so that our consultants can ring in to notify us of their arrival
at the site we're sending them to or to notify of their arrival at an
intermediate airport (i.e. "Landed on time for next leg of flight). We
send consultants all over the world and sometimes one of them misses a
flight for whatever reason but we don't get to know about it till
sometime later.

What we'd like is an Asterisk system that answers the call, asks the
consultant to enter in a  personalised PIN and then press a button on
the phone representing a status - 1=arrived on time; 2= missed flight;
3=delayed flight etc. Then we'd like the system to SMS a manager with
the results of the call ((i.e. "User 1234 has missed flight"). But, we'd
also like the system to lookup a database containing the consultant's
schedules (to be developed) and if the consultant hasn't rung in by the
scheduled time then the system needs to SMS the manager with that
information (i.e. "User 1234 has not checked in").

Anyone out there in PLUG-land got the skills and know-how to set
something of this sort up? And has got the time to do it?

The concept seems feasible to me but have no idea whether it's
technically possible. And don't have the skills or time to do it myself.

Any interested parties can contact me off-list and I'll put in contact
with my boss.

Joel Johnson