[plug] Monday workshop

J Michael Gilks mike.gilks at westnet.com.au
Fri Mar 24 20:32:32 WST 2006

Just got the notice about Monday's workshop.
I have more of a hardware problem, but it does have linux installed, honest.
Anyway this machine is a P4 and the fan noise is driving me insane, I would
like to change out the fan for a larger, quieter model, but there appears to
be some sort of anti tamper device on the CPU, and I am loathe to try and get
the fan off in case I destroy the whole thing.
Would it be possible there might be a hardware guru at the workshop who could
help with some advice on removing the fan, please.
Also would not mind some recommendations for a QUIET fan to replace the stock
item.

Thanks in advance.

Love
Mike.