[plug] dvdread problem

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 11:43:22 WST 2006

Try grabbing the latest dvdcss and dvdread from source and compiling them.
Those versions are getting long in the tooth, and suffer more of those
problems. The programs you're using will generally assume that you're using
something up to date. The copy problem would probably be from the DVD being
encrypted. And sometimes, things just randomly crack/not crack, and you just
have to have a second go, or try another player. I'm not sure if the crack
libs still store keys, but once you cracked a dvd, it used to store a key
for the future, so once cracked, always cracked (but sometimes it took a few
goes). I don't really get that these days with the newer libraries.

"...it was brilliant, there was three up against a thousand, and boy, did we
give those three heaps!"