[plug] mandriva install

simon simon at chrome64.org
Tue Mar 28 11:41:41 WST 2006

chris sisman (chris-sisman at dodo.com.au) wrote:

> I have tried another disk.
> And taken out my other drive, in case it caused trouble.
> this time it said it was a hardware fault. only got passed the initial
> accept page.

OK, youre on the right track.

Id suggest that pull ALL non-critical hardware - soundcards, zip drives....
whatever.

Just mobo, harddrive, video card and DVD/CD drive. Perhaps even swap out the
video card with something else if you have a spare lying around.

Can you actually successfully install windows on it?

> No sugestions as to what it might be and I am stumped.

If you could be more specific on the error message that occurs it would help.

> No one in albany wants to know linux, the people who sold me the
> motherboard,RS.480 radeon say it cant be that.

Im sure thats what they *say*, but whether or not its the truth remains to be
seen.

> No way can I bring my box to Perth.
> I am about to give up, been trying to install it for months, you are my
> last resort.

We are teh jedi!

I know what albany is like, my mum lives there. You might even find someone on
list who actually lives down that way who is willing to help you diagnose the
fault.

--
Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org