[plug] mandriva install

Mark marks at omninet.net.au
Tue Mar 28 16:30:31 WST 2006

Mark wrote:

> simon wrote:
>
>>> No way can I bring my box to Perth.
>>> I am about to give up, been trying to install it for months, you are my
>>> last resort.
>>>

>> We are teh jedi!
>>
>> I know what albany is like, my mum lives there. You might even find
>> someone on
>> list who actually lives down that way who is willing to help you
>> diagnose the
>> fault.
>>

> Chris,
>
> Very close to Albany and am willing to help try and sort your problem.
>
> Have been off the list for a while and have missed the earlier posts.
>
> Can you tell me which version of Mandriva you are trying to install
> and what has happened so far.
>
> Mark

Chris,

I am replying to my own post which normally is not done but I have
just had a quick look at the mail list archive which seem to be working
nicely
and have looked at what you have said already.

So if you have not already given up could you just confirm a few things.

Your mother board is an ECS RS-480 with integrated sound,graphics lan
and so on.
Your using Mandriva 2005 community from a Magazine cover?
You are trying to install on a 1.8 GB drive.

Mark