[plug] Optimise MySQL query

simon simon at chrome64.org
Wed Mar 29 13:24:44 WST 2006

James L. Clarke (jamesc at global.net.au) wrote:
70
> P.S. I know some people on the Linux group will debate whether Access is a
> relational database. For less than five users (ie small business) it is fine as
> long spilt the code and data it two seperate files and you design the thing
> properly, for more than five users you can still use the access for the
> application but put the data in SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 or MySQL. I guess the
> reason it has such a bad rap is that because it is cheep so many people who
> don't really know what they are doing have used it and made a mess. However the
> same could be said of MySQL now-a-days.

I think that Access has a bad rap because of the early days, when it really
was quite horrendous. 'Crap' just doesnt suffice. It was absolutely dogpuke.

2G Access 2 databases - shudder.

That being said, i havent touched it in 10 years, but I always thought it was
a useful tool in small scale situations.

--
Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org
mob: 0409113359