[plug] app for ausio testing

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 31 12:49:39 WST 2006

I have an remote control audio switch I am trying to fix/test.

Is there an app that will generate a test tone (sine, at various
amplitudes, accuracy not important) and read the level back in (either
in db, or graphical view.  Will obviously need to be duplex, and
preferably via ALSA.

One of the switch inputs is shorted to/loading down the output, and I
suspect the problem is in an IC, but the switching path is capacitively
coupled all over the place so I need some test equipment - tracing
tracks via a multimeter isnt getting me far!  The PC sound card should
suffice if I have suitable software.

BillK