[plug] USB ports

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Fri Mar 31 22:41:17 WST 2006

Stupid question, but are I've bought a "VOIP USB Phone" which is
(supposedly) perfect for Skype and others.

It seems to work fine under W2K., except that the sound quality is crap,
and the ring tones don't get out AND the screen doesn't light up - which
suggests to me that the USB ports I have plugged it in to may not be
powered.

Question : are all USB motherboard ports powered? Are any of them
powered? What do I do? Buy a USB powered hub?

Thanks,
RM

First law of medeival warfare:
You can't scramble for thrones without breaking a few yokels.

Linux Counter user #306629