[plug] Blacklisted mail server?

Michael L. Benjamin mike.benjamin at clarinet.com.au
Wed May 3 15:44:26 WST 2006

Hi there,

We have a problem with the iinet mailserver rejecting connections from
an IP address of ours. This IP was blacklisted briefly by SBL-XBL
(Spamhaus) for reasons
unknown It was initally listed with the CBL which automatically spread
the entry to SBL-XBL before I terminated it.

We removed it as soon as it was discovered. This was a couple of weeks
back now and we do not appear to have been re-listed.

Here's the interesting bit, if I telnet over to mail.iinet.net.au 25
from the machine, it returns a 554 Transaction Failed and immediately
closes the connection down.

We have contacted iinet to try and rectify this situation but it still
hasn't been resolved, and during the initial conversation they swore up
and down that it was a configuration fault at our end with our mailserve
(yeah right), and were decidedly unhelpful. Our domain is not hosted
with iinet etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions, is there anything I can do, or am I at
the mercy of iinet support to fix their act up?

Mike.