[plug] Bind9 mentor

bob bob at fots.org.au
Mon May 8 14:47:49 WST 2006

I'm looking for someone willing to put up with some stupid questions about,
and to run their eye over a bind9 config that I'm trying to put together.

I've got to the point where I need to upgrade the box that is currently
running the DNS for a couple of toy domains I have and rather than do what
has been done for the last couple of upgrades, copy across and patch to
suit, I thought it was time to build from scratch as the current config
would make your eyes bleed to see :). The trouble is that all the tutes and
FAQs I've found on-line have been sufficient to confuse me more and I now
feel like I know less than I did when I started :( - I'm becoming less
confident that what I'm doing is correct.

To save list bandwidth I'd be happy to take the discussion off list and
report back on results (if interest is expressed in same).

Thanks.
--
    To see victory only when it is within the ken
    of the common herd is not the acme of excellence.