[plug] PAM/LDAP

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Tue May 16 14:26:56 WST 2006

> There are various options in /etc/pam_ldap.conf that look like they do
> exactly what I want - pam_filter, pam_check_host_attr and pam_groupdn
> - but none of these appears to do anything. I'm thinking that perhaps
> it may be something to do with my /etc/pam.d config.
>
> Has anyone done a similar sort of setup? I might also try the openldap
> mailing lists, and I'll post here if I get any solutions.

Are these boxes also configured to do nss_ldap? in which case it my be
failing pam_ldap but succeeding nss_ldap (pam_unix) anyway. Just remove
the ldap entries in /etc/nsswitch.conf if so.

You might also be able to use /etc/security/access.conf as a workaround.

Jason Nicholls
Jason Nicholls                     email: <jason at mindsocket.com.au>
http://jason.mindsocket.com.au/     cell: 206 310 4239 (US)