[plug] PHP & Javascript

Kingsley Haldane Bugarin OAM biggles at iinet.net.au
Wed May 17 14:21:09 WST 2006

Hi all

Is anyone here good with PHP and Javascript?  I need a page written and
I don't have the skills.  I can pay for this but I don't have much.  I
also don't require ownership of the code, just use of it.

The page I require will collect details from a form and enter it into a
MySQL database.  Users will be redirected to the form page from PayPal
after making a contribution through a donate button.

The page needs to check the referring domain to make sure it is
www.paypal.com.  If it isn't then the page should open a new popup with
a "page not found" error and close.  You may have a better way to do
this but it is to prevent users accessing the page directly.  My server
details are:

Redhat9, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x

I have created the database, table and columns:

contrib
        data
                id              int(10)  NOT NULL  auto_increment
primary
                firstname       varchar(20)  NOT NULL
                lastname        varchar(20)  NOT NULL
                email           varchar(35)  NOT NULL
	       warrior	       varchar(3)  NOT NULL

The id column must be unique but there can be duplicates in other
columns.

This will probably require some sort of config file to contain dbname,
dbuser, dbpwd and dbhost so they aren't accessible to the user through
this.

The form page should close after the user clicks 'enter' to submit and
open a new popup displaying the message "Your details have been entered
into the database.  Thank you." and a close button.

The files will go into:

/home/httpd/html/contrib/contrib.html  --  Main page with donate button
/home/httpd/html/frump/enter.html  --  Form page
/home/httpd/cgi-bin/.contrib_inc/contrib_conf.inc  --  config page

I have done some work on these files but enter.html and contrib_conf.inc
require a lot of work.

Regards
Kingsley

--
Kingsley Haldane Bugarin OAM
   Paralympian - Swimming

Philosophy: Looking for a black cat in a dark room.
Metaphysics: Looking for a black cat in a dark room
that isn't there.
Theology: Looking for a black cat in a dark room that
isn't there and shouting “I found it!”

www.godlessgeeks.com/FreeMind.htm