[plug] installing linux

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 18:00:40 WST 2006

chris sisman wrote:

> does anyone know what this message means and how can I overcome it?this
> occors when I try to install Mandriva.
> insmoding module sata-sil failed at /usr/Lib/libDrakeX .modules. pm line
> 340
> My motherboard isaRS480-M and I am running xp. 2 hard drives both 80gig.
> Any clues as I am clueless.
> Chris from Albany

The installer is trying to load the kernel module ("driver") for a sata
controller from silicon image. It either can't read the module from the
CD because of an I/O error (perhaps the Cd is bad, or the download was
bad?). Perhaps you don't have this piece of hardware in your computer,
and on trying to load it, it fails because there's no hardware for this
device to activate, so that's okay.

What HDDs do you have plugged in to the computer? Are they SATA or PATA?

Tomasz