[plug] New toy just arrived

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue May 23 23:45:56 WST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 22:30 +0800, Shannon Carver wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On second thoughts, I apologise about this.  Who am I to say which OS
> you should use!!  I think it comes from too much exposure to Windows
> support over time as well as dealing with clients, boss's, managers, etc
> etc etc who hate everything new thing that comes out and make a point of
> denouncing it.
>
> Enjoy what sounds like a fantastic laptop, and get linux on there ASAP.
> All this Windows talk is making PLUG shudder :P

Thanks for the apologies, but they didn't worry me. I freely admit that
my experience with XP is tiny. I don't like it, but that may be due to
no experience with it.

On the other I don't mind W2K much, but that's because I found it
bullet-proof compared to W95/W98

W2K was *miles* ahead of the prior releases - I never really got into XP
- It may be even better - they've had enough time to deliver on a few
promises, but ....