[plug] cant boot system any longer

Rob Dunne rob.dunne at csiro.au
Thu May 25 12:19:24 WST 2006

Tomasz Grzegurzko wrote:

> Okay well what kind of scsi (or sata maybe?) controller do you have?
> What kernel module supports this hardware?

Well -- I have just realized that it didnt matter what modules I specified.

It seems the 2.6 kernel uses a different module loading mechanism. It
needs a file called /etc/modprobe.conf

We have now generated this using "generate_modprobe.conf"
and it appears that all the drivers are loaded in the correct order.
However it still says

"Cannot open root device "sda2" "

I am doing a bit of a web search at the moment for ideas -- but any you
have to spare would be gratefully received.

Bye
Rob