[plug] New toy just arrived

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Fri May 26 19:47:27 WST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 19:30 +0800, Craig Dyke wrote:
> You got me there ... I got the carbon fibre shell :(

Might not be so easily scratched - since it looks sort of matte rather
than shiny.

> Still got a few days before my turns up and I will be using SourceMage
> (Gentoo centric distro).

Should be worth a go - after I posted last night, I fired up the
OpenSUSE Slick distro I got with my last Linux Format, and it installed
absolutely perfectly - resized the XP partition down to 30GB (I need it
for work unfortunately), and installed at 1280x800 - it was terrific.
Then I installed grub in my / partition and used fdisk to make the /
partition bootable - it failed, but I'll look at it this weekend.

> Will be interesting to see what gets broken.
>
> How have you gone with Wifi and Bluetooth? (if at all)

Haven't had a chance - will post when I get further (probably this
weekend) - BTW there are at least 2 unsecured wireless networks that I
can see from my house (in XP)  ;-)

I have at least two friends - one in Argentina and one in the UK who
would've been onto those nets like a terrier on a rat. The one has no
other internet connection, and the other only uses his neighbour's
connection when he wants to download lots of stuff, "because his
connection may be uncapped" - jeez.  ;-)    I'm too honest.