[plug] Lots of /USR/SBIN/CRON processes

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Mon May 29 13:34:33 WST 2006

On 5/29/06, Carl Gherardi <carl.gherardi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this? Any
> > suggestions would be very welcome.
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> It looks like you have cron jobs that are failing. I've had similar
> looking ps lists when an nfs mount has hung.
>
> Have a look at /var/log/cron immediately after startup and see which
> cron sripts are running/failing and see if you can isolate which
> script is causing the issues.

The problem seems to have resolved itself, interestingly enough. I was
having page allocation errors because of a lack of memory/swap, and
the mysql server throwing "Too many connections" around the same time,
which may have had something to do with it. The majority of the
scripts are only python jobs, though, so I'm not sure what would cause
them to hang.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks,
Patrick