[plug] Text mode login

Shannon Carver shannon.carver at gmail.com
Wed May 31 10:46:52 WST 2006

You might want to change your /etc/inittab which sets the standard startup
init, or runlevel.  However, this is different for most distro's.

My old slackware was (I think):
Level 2: Single User
Level 3: Multi User
Level 4: Same as Level 3
Level 5: Multi/GUI
Level 6: Shutdown

Others use similar run inits I think, but wouldn't try it without a google,
just in case.

Oh, and don't set it to 1 or 6 :P  In my very early slackware days I can
remember changing it to the highest runlevel (everyone knows higher is
better), the computer starts up, enters init 6 straight away and reboots :P

Shannon